Tawkon
Blog
Mark Lerner
Author:
Mark Lerner
3356

Views
November 16, 2012

Devra Davis and Others Speak About Cellphone Dangers

This week a webinar was held that featured world-renowned scientist and professor Devra Davis and many other trusted authorities on the subject of mobile phone radiation and their effects.

Global experts and distinguished scientists from several countries gathered (virtually) to discuss new studies on this topic and offer suggestions as to what we can all do to counteract negative effects of cell phone use; especially for pregnant women, fetuses and men of reproductive age. 

The presentations and discussions were startling, insightful and eye opening.

There were several topics discussed, but ta few specific over arching conclusions were made, particularly the emerging evidence of danger to pregnant women and young children from cellphone radiation.

Some of the most disconcerting findings were from Nesrin Seyhan, the NATO-supported founding chairman of the Biophysics Department at Gazi University in Ankara, Turkey. Her controlled studies showed that prenatally exposed rats and rabbits have fewer brain cells—and those that survive sustain more damage to their brains, livers, reproductive systems, and eyes. Recent reports from Yale University’s chief of obstetrics and gynecology, Hugh Taylor, also found that prenatal exposure significantly increased hyperactive behavior in offspring and altered brain chemistry. 

Dr. Davis made a particularly well-rounded argument about the dangers of cellphone usage, especially for pregnant women and young children. She also suggested easy-to-follow rules that can significantly lessen the risks.

Some of these suggestions included:

1.   Don’t hold the phone directly to your head. Use a head set or speakerphone to talk on the phone, or a nonmetal case that has been independently tested to reduce radiation up to 90 percent.

2.   Pregnant women should keep cell phones away from their abdomens, and men who wish to become fathers should never keep activated phones in their pockets.

3.   Don’t allow children to play with or use your cell phone. Older children should use a headset or speakerphone when talking on a cell phone.

4.   Do not text and drive, and use specially adapted antennas for cars to avoid absorbing maximum power as the phone moves from one cell system to another.

5.   Turn off your wireless router at night to minimize exposure to radiation.

6.   Eat green vegetables and get a good night’s sleep in a dark room to enhance natural repair of DNA that may have been damaged by radiation.

While the new facts that are developing from recent research are disturbing, it is important to note that 90% of the time cellphones are not emitting high levels of radiation, but 1 minute of exposure to radiation from the remaining 10% of the time equals the same amount of radiation from 5 hours of normal exposure.

This is where tawkon comes in. We all know that mobile phones are an integral part of our lives, and most of us are not willing to give them up. tawkon for Android offers you the ability to keep talking as you regularly would and alerts you when radiation levels spike, and suggest ways to lessen your exposure.

Now, keep talking!

 

Get It On Google Play

back to top
Designed by Judy Stroweis ALASKA Developed by entry  |  Made in TLV